Acknowledgement of Country

This blog is written in Croydon, NSW, which is part of the land of the Wangal people of the Eora nation. Over 500 Indigenous nations shared the lands of Australia for over 60 000 years before invasion. These lands were stolen and were never ceded.

spotcat: not for mass consumption

Monday, March 10, 2008

Yarn Girls

You know it's a bit of a worry when you make something and are reluctant to put it in your shop because you don't want to let it go. That's how I've been feeling about my yarn girls. One night I just started crocheting and voila, these girls have started taking over my life. I can't stop making them!

You can see one here:




I made another today with the cutest scarf and flippy skirt - I'll be uploading it to etsy within the next couple of days, so stay tuned.

These yarn girls are all made with simple variations of double crochet (or single crochet for USsies). Crochet is pretty easy to learn, even from a book or a great website like the The Crochet guild of America (see my links) - they even have detailed instructions for left handers. As a leftie politically and handily, I know how important and difficult to find those kinds of instructions are.

Anyhoo, I may feel a twinge of regret at sending these yarn girls out into the world, but I think knowing/hoping they will be going to good homes where they'll be loved and appreciated more than makes up for it.

Big yarny love!

1 comment:

HomeMadeOriginals said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I know what you mean, I often feel that way about things I make, I just want to keep them.